Ah, the wonders of chicken — it’s easy to prepare, versatile and healthy. It’s no surprise chicken is a dietary staple for so many people. However, it’s also a healthy treat for cats (as long as it is fully cooked). There is a reason cartoons always show cats eyeing birds as their next meal: Cooked, lean poultry can be a healthy occasional addition to your cat’s diet, and they love it!
This super simple recipe is an easy way to prepare chicken so that your cat can safely enjoy this human treat while reaping all the healthy benefits. Remember, if your cat has any dietary restrictions, consult your veterinarian before deviating from his regular diet.
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1. Remove the chicken breast from packaging and place on cutting board to prepare for cooking.
2. Slice the chicken in half horizontally to make it thinner.
3. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and set burner to medium high heat.
4. Place chicken breasts in pan. Cook on medium heat, about 5 minutes (depending on thickness) each side.
5. When chicken is cooked completely (you can test this by slicing through the middle to see that it is no longer pink), remove from heat.
6. Cut chicken into kitty-sized little bites.
7. Allow to cool completely before serving.
This recipe was reviewed by a veterinarian. It is intended as a treat or snack and should only be a small percentage of your pet’s daily food. If your pet has any health issues or if you have any concerns, consult your pet’s veterinarian before offering this food item.