Slide to see the images
BBQ, arrived in early August as one of the 6 in the 'condiment litter'. Within a week of arriving the litter broke with Parvo. BBQ was hospitalized in isolation for 13 days receiving life saving treatment. On the 11th day we were told by the doctors that there was one more option to try to give this boy a chance and if that didn't work then we would have to make a decision about how to go forward. Barb got a transfusion that evening, with blood being used from the vets personal dog, in an effort to help us save money on his now astronomical vet bill. We didn't sleep that night waiting to hear what news the morning would bring. BBQ was released 2 days later..he had turned the corner...or so we thought. Throughout the next week BBQ refused to eat anything more than one time and definitely not enough to sustain his weight, and he suffered from severe bloody diarrhea. Options were again running out. We sought the assistance of a local vet who started him on steroids, probiotics, and fluids. After a week he had blood drawn and it was determined that he had a massive infection, although we didn't know where. He started on antibiotics. For the next couple of weeks he would see the vet for repeated bloodwork and treatment. BBQ has finally made a full recovery. He last bloodwork showed no signs of infection, he has been eating regularly for several weeks, and has gone from 4.2 to 9.8lbs in 3 weeks!!! BBQ is crate trained and will run right in when he sees a treat coming his way. He's started working on house training too. He is a bouncing goofball and now he needs a home where he live his life as a normal healthy pup!