Slide to see the images

Darcy (3 yr 65 lb)

Treeing Walker Coonhound

3 years, 7 months
Medium  |  Female

Blakeslee, PA

$275.00

 

Please scroll down below animal description for adoption information & link to our application. For clickable links in our listings, go to http://hdr.petfinder.com and click on the pet list. Our software exports to dozens of websites and s ome sites strip out all HTML so nothing is clickable and all of the paragraphs are squished together. Our apologies. We don't have any control over how those hosting sites handle our formatting.

Darcy has been in foster care with another rescue out of state for 10 months with no interest. She sounds like a great dog! But unfortunately hounds are a dime a dozen in their area, so we're posting her here in the hope of finding her a great forever home. Please submit an application if you'd like to give Darcy her forever home and we'll arrange her transport to local foster care.
Here's what her current foster mom has to say about her:
​Darcy is 3 years old, a bit on the hefty side at the moment. She loves all and is friendly to all though small dogs don't always return her love! Darcy can play a little too joyfully for small pooches. She looks to be 65 lbs or so now and is fun loving and playful and would enjoy another dog to play with.
​ This is what I attach to her crate when we attend adoption events. She shows so much better in person than in writing. She been to 4 adoption events since I've had her and she is always the star attraction. She really knows how to turn on the charm and people just fall in love with her. Sadly, no one has gone through with an application.
I'm perplexed as to why I still have her. She's an absolute doll. She does not have one mean bone in her body and is one of the most submissive dogs I've fostered. She's active but easy going. In the long video I sent, you may have noticed the little chi mix. As with a lot of the chi's, he has quite an attitude. Miss Darcy just walks away. She is curious around my cats but they quickly let her know her place and she leaves them alone.

She loves, LOVES her toys. She's always the first one to the toy box. If another dog tries to take it, she just drops it and gets another one. She truly is a lover not a fighter. I let her out in the morning along with my two personal dogs, which are boxers. They play outside for 30 minutes or so and then are ready for the couch. They will do this a couple of times a day. I would say 25% of the time is her being active and the other 75% she is content to be on the couch with you or snoozing in a dog bed. I have boxers so her activity level isn't a problem for me. They love having her as a playmate.

She is so smart and mastered the doggy door after one try. It takes most fosters at least 4-5 tries before they figure it out. She does ok on a leash but I have no doubt she'll be a superstar with consistent work. I live out in the country and we walk next to a wooded area which is heaven to her little coon nose. After some correction she does fine until the next smell comes along.

On what she needs to work on, the walking on a leash as I mentioned above and she does get excited and try to jump up on you. Again, easily corrected with consistency.


Darcy videos:
https://youtu.be/w-4iip_8GBI
http://youtu.be/4CajyKjx7ns
http://youtu.be/k26d7qzkHFY


We are not a shelter. Our dogs are fostered in a home environment. All meetings are by appointment. If you are interested in meeting or possibly adopting this dog, please submit an application to begin the process. We respond to inquiries via email. Please watch your email for a response, usually within 12 hours.

Adoption fee: $275 + tax = $291.50

PLEASE NOTE: If it says COURTESY LISTING above, then please do not submit our application. Follow the directions to the other rescue's website and apply there.


Adoption Application http://form.jotform.us/form/41555257797165

Recommended dog trainer in the Lehigh Valley area: Jill Wright with K-9's In Training, website: http://www.k-9sintraining.net/ We've used Jill's services for our own dogs and foster dogs as needed. We LOVE her training methods...and so do the dogs! Please tell Jill you saw her info on the Happy Dog Rescue site.

Adopt Me
Blakeslee, PA

There are no reviews

Log in to add a review

More Like This

Treeing Walker Coonhound

5 years, 9 months
Medium

Rockaway, NJ

Treeing Walker Coonhound

 
Medium

Kinston, NC

Treeing Walker Coonhound

4 years, 8 months
Large

Murphy, NC