Slide to see the images
This Handsome fellow is so cute and is so full of spirit! He's a pristine white with cute brown spots on his ears. He is about 1 year old and weighs about 6 lbs. Perky and spry, this guy will provide hours of entertainment. He has a wonderful zest for life, and would love plenty of walks and exercise. He does have a bit of chihuahua attitude and thinks he is far bigger than he is! For that reason would be best in an adult only home--it only takes him 15 minutes for him to warm up to people, but when he first meets people, he's a little socially inept. Once he knows you though, he is your best friend for life and will do all sorts of happy dances to greet you when you come home!! He now recognizes several of our volunteers that sit with him during out Saturday placement events and will happily greet them when he sees them too! He'll jump straight into your arms (we swear he has little springs for legs) and happily soak up all your attention! He loves to play and prance about, and if you're looking for a little dog to bring some liveliness into your home and heart, Handsome is definitely the one! Video: https://youtu.be/7RQ62cr4qRQ
If this posting is up, this dog is still available!
Thank you so much for your interest in one of our adoptable dogs. If you have questions, please e-mail (email@example.com). Our volunteer adoption committee will do its best to answer your inquiry within 24 to 48 hours.
If you are interested in adopting please read the following to expedite your application.
1. Return to our website at http://www.yolospca.org
2. Fill out an adoption application at http://bit.ly/1PIWjIA
3. If you are interested in meeting multiple animals please put all their names on one application.
4. The adoption committee will email you to confirm receipt of your application as long as you have an email address listed on your application.
5. If the dog is a good match for your family, a volunteer will call you to set up a meeting. The Yolo County SPCA is a volunteer run organization and are usually only able to call back if the dog would be a good match for your family based on the information received from the volunteer foster families.
All of our canines are altered (spayed & neutered), puppies are started on their shots (DAPP), adults are up to date (rabies and DAPP) and have been heart worm tested (negative) and all dogs are microchipped. The adoption fee is $150 (which covers all of these costs) for all dogs and puppies. We also have special discounted adoption fees for Chihuahua mixes, at $100 for Chihuahua mix puppies and $50 for Chihuahua mix adults.
THERE IS NO SHELTER FOR YOU TO VISIT BECAUSE WE ARE A FOSTER BASED ORGANIZATION. IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS, WE REMOVE OUR ANIMALS FROM OUR SITE WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN ADOPTED.
The Yolo County SPCA is a private, not-for-profit animal rescue organization. All of our animals awaiting adoption are in foster homes. For more general questions please visit www.yolospca.org or contact us through email at (firstname.lastname@example.org).