Slide to see the images
Date of Birth: Approx. 09/20/2015
Dog friendly: Yes
Cat friendly: Yes
Kid friendly: Yes
House trained: Yes
Crate trained: Yes
Energy level: Moderate
History: Pulled from an animal control
Adoption Fee: $300
From the Foster:
Hi, I’m Odessa! Foster mom calls me Miley though, because she says I’m happy and smiley all the time! Here’s some information about me:
1. Dog friendly: I like other dogs, but prefer slow intros. After a few days of limited interaction, I now love the other pit bull that I live with - she’s great fun to play with! There’s a cranky bulldog who lives here too, it took me a few days but I finally figured out that she just wants to be left alone. Since I need some time to get to know my doggy friends, I’m not a dog who should go to the dog park.
2. Cat friendly: Snickers lives here and she is a pretty nice cat. I tried a few times to get her to play with me, but I guess she just likes to take naps, weirdo. She won’t give me the time of day, so I just find something better to do!
3. People friendly: Oh my gosh, I love people! I can be a little shy and reserved at first, I might even growl at you if I don’t know you, but my tail is up and wagging the whole time! If you give me a few minutes to check you out and decide that you are safe, well by golly, we are best friends now! I live in my foster home with a Mom and a Dad, and 3 children (age 6, 12, 14).
4. Eating: I eat two times a day, breakfast and dinner. If I’m a good girl then I get treats, and I loooove treats! Foster mom feeds me separate from the other dogs, just to be safe, but she says I don’t show any signs of food aggression/resource guarding.
5. Potty: I know that outside is for potty, and I do a really good job! I do best when I’m on a schedule, and I’m even learning that I should go to the door when I have to go!
6. Crate training: I sleep in my crate at night, even though foster mom thinks I’d do ok left out. I also stay in my crate when everyone else is gone, just for my safety! I sometimes bark when I first go in, but that’s just because I don’t want to go to bed yet! I realize pretty quickly that everyone else went to bed too, and then I’m quiet the rest of the night.
7. Obedience: I can sit and lie down, but I’d really like to go to school so that I could learn more tricks. I’ve very treat motivated, and love the attention I get for doing a good job!
Here’s a note from foster Mom:
I’ve had Odessa in my home for about 2 weeks. She does have some puppy tendencies yet...she LOVES to play and can be a little mouthy. She does not bite, and we just redirect her when she's being mouthy. She loves fetch and playing tug! She would enjoy an active family who can take her on walks or runs. I wouldn’t describe her as being high energy, just ready to go with the flow. Overall I would describe her as happy, goofy, loyal, eager to please, snuggly, and playful. Let me know if you are interested in setting up a meet and greet, and thank you for choosing rescue!
All dogs are in individual foster homes throughout the Twin Cities.
FILL OUT AN APPLICATION TODAY!
Click Here to Begin Appl icatio n
If you live in MN, WI, IA, SD, ND, or IL and would like to meet/adopt this animal or anyone else, then please fill out an adoption application at http://secondhandhounds.org/adoption-information/ and the foster(s) will be in touch! Keep in mind that there may be multiple applicants applying for the same animal(s). You only need to complete 1 application for multiple animals that you're interested in.
Note - We change an animal's listing to say "PENDING ADOPTION" when they already had a meet and greet with a family who plans to adopt that animal. We put "NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS" on a listing when an animal has multiple applications in and the foster has asked to stop accepting any more while they review the applications they've already received.
Thanks for your interest in Secondhand Hounds!!
Hi I live in Staten Island N.Y. I am interested in adopting Ava the little black Lab. How do we go about shipping the dog. Can you please advise. My name is Pat Marino. My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org . My phone number is 718-667-7822 thank you