Slide to see the images
Hi, my name is ReyRey, and I am a super sweet Australian Cattle Dog gal!
My vet thinks I am about 4 to 5 years old. I am full of energy, smart, and very eager to learn and please.
In the short month I have now been with my foster family, I’ve learned to sit and down on command, as well as go into my crate when told to do so. I am also doing really well with walking nicely on leash. I didn’t know anything when I first arrived in Florida, and now I get to learn every day. It’s great fun, and I am so very proud of myself. So is my foster mom. She says I am a really good girl and such an awesome dog.
I love to snuggle, give kisses, and be close to my foster mom. But my biggest passion is retrieving tennis balls! If you’ve never chased after a tennis ball before, you should give it a try. It’s so awesome!
I’ve been to the dog park, the pet store, and have met many other dogs on my daily walks. I don’t mind being around them at all and am very curious to meet them. I would do best as the only dog in the home, but would be okay with another low key dog, as long as we are given a very slow and careful introduction.
Here’s a few important things to know about me:
- I’d prefer to be the only dog in the home. I am not dog aggressive, I simply don’t enjoy another dog in my face.
- Please no other critters such as cats, bunnies, or chickens as my prey drive is too strong.
- Please no small children. I adore my foster family’s kiddos to pieces, but they are older (7 and 10) and very calm.
- I am a bit weary of strangers at first, but warm up quickly.
- I am somewhat protective of my home, so will need to be properly introduced to guests coming over.
- I am fully housetrained.
- I chew only on my toys.
- I barely bark.
- I sleep quietly in my crate.
- I need daily exercise, so no couch potatoes please.
- I hate baths. I really don’t like the getting wet part. The massage part and the drying off part are pretty great, though.
So, if you think you might be the right family for me, get in touch with my foster mom asap. I already look forward to meeting you, to see how well you can throw that tennis ball.