Autumn is by far the best season of the year because it’s short (summer and winter have been creeping in closer on either side), sweet (with endless apple and pumpkin treats to gorge on) and absolutely gorgeous (hello, fall foliage!). Oh yeah, and it means no more sweating it out in front of the fan all day because of the extreme heat.
But humans aren’t the only ones who are excited about this temperature shift. Canines everywhere are eager to rock their new sweaters (no matter how much they might resist), run around outside and jump in giant piles of leaves.
Here are 11 dogs who are absolutely psyched for fall.
1. This puppy who fearlessly attacks unsuspecting pumpkins.
2. This dog who will inspire you to go on a Pinterest-perfect afternoon picnic.
3. This dog who lives for pumpkin spice lattes.
4. This dog who only exits the leaf pile when it’s time to eat something seasonal.
5. This dog who serves as the protector of the pumpkin patch.
6. This dog who sports a bow tie and Halloween-y argyle sweater better than most humans.
7. This dog who sees two leaves falling and CANNOT wait to go outside and play.
8. This flannel and jacket-wearing who dog who belongs in an L.L. Bean catalog.
9. This dog who prefers to wear the leaves like a sweater.
10. This dog who just wants to curl up with a good book on a chilly fall day.
11. This dog who has basically already won every Halloween costume contest.