The Kurilian Bobtail is a natural cat breed that survived on the Kuril Islands for 200 years before humans brought the breed to central Russia in the mid 20th century. Because of their time spent running wild on the volcanic archipelago, these cats developed some serious survival skills, and the breed showcases these hardy characteristics to this day. They are smart, adaptable and able to figure out how to persevere under any circumstance.
Here are eight ways the Kurilian Bobtail is a master survivalist.
1. They’ve fended for themselves on the rural and rugged Kuril Islands.
2. They have mastered “the perch.” And anything — or anyone — can become their lookout spot.
3. They’re expert stowaways.
4. They know how to stay hidden when danger lurks.
5. They’ve learned to store up fat reserves in case of a national catastrophe. And they don’t mind doing it, either.
6. They fully comprehend the importance of a large brim umbrella. It’s better to be prepared than wet!
7. They kick tail at those Tough Mudder competitions. Hoo-rah!
8. Now that Kurilian’s are off their islands and in the states, they are just learning how to survive their 9-5!