The Snowshoe cat is a “people kitty.” These cats relish attention and often like to take charge of a situation. Not sure what you want to do today? Don’t worry about it; your Snowshoe already has it all figured out. This cat breed enjoys being the boss of a household, leading their owners to something of kitty interest. Before you know it, your Snowshoe is telling you what to do instead of the other way around – leaving you to wonder: Do I own this cat, or does he own me?
To be sure of the answer, here are nine telltale signs your affectionate Snowshoe cat is the owner of you.
1. They lead you to a guitar and demand to be serenaded.
2. Their assumed position is lying on their back and staring at you until you comply with their relentless tummy rub demands.
3. They implore you to open up their favorite treats.
4. They commandeer your scarf to alert you to the chill in the air — a surefire way to get you to turn up the heat!
5. Not sure if you’ve posted enough selfies for the day? Your Snowshoe decides for you.
6. They refuse to let you eat carbs.
7. When Animal Planet’s “Big Cat Diary” is on, all bets are off.
8. Their eyes tell you they rule with an iron paw.
9. Still, they crumble when you show them love and acquiescence.