Summer is an exciting time for everyone. The days are longer, the weather is warm, and winter has finally been defeated. Humans get to play on the beach, take naps in the sand and soak up that beaming, beautiful sun. But they aren’t the only ones who get to take advantage of the sunny months.
Dogs also love summertime, and they want to take full advantage of it just like we do. They want to run through the water, feel the sand between their little dog toes, and they want to play until the sun goes down.
So this summer, don’t forget that your canine companions don’t want to be left at home while you head to the beach. If you can, take them with you on your summer adventures. And as a reminder of how much they love this season, here are 12 dogs who are so ready for their summer to begin.
1. They want to jump through sprinklers.
2. They want to frolic through the flowers.
3. They want to get their grill on.
4. They DEFINITELY want to fetch.
5. They want to capture that summer-y lawn scent.
6. They want to play ball, forever and ever.
7. They want to look cool on the beach.
8. They want the sun to wrap them up in warmth.
9. They want to play with their water toys.
10. They want to SWIM.
11. They want to jog on the beach like a “Baywatch” lifeguard.
12. And most importantly, they just want to relax.