Gwen Stefani is so many things — an eternally cool musician, a returning coach on “The Voice,” the all-time inspiration for our abs — that we sometimes forget she’s also a fashion designer.
The No Doubt frontwoman has launched a new line inspired by her love of Japan’s Harajuku style, but instead of adding to her own L.A.M.B. label or her GX collection, she’s created apparel for the most fashion forward dog you know.
The Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani pet collection is now available in Petco stores and on Petco.com, the pet specialty retailer announced last week. As part of the announcement, Petco released pictures of the Stefani-designed pet clothing, accessories and toys, and they are B-A-N-A-N… aw, you get it.
The dog clothes have a definite edge — these aren’t for your mother’s aging Maltese — and they will make your pet look like a circa-1996 SoCal scenester (in the best possible way). The collection will range in price from $5 to $20 and, according to Petco, includes more than 30 different “trend forward products,” including chew toys shaped like donuts and diamond rings or a checkerboard sweater that looks like your favorite pair of Vans.
Here are a few pics of some of the best looks. (But neither Petco nor Gwen Stefani can held responsible if your dog starts his own ska band).
1. These toys were based on emoji, as you can see from the Instagram caption.
2. Go ahead and admit it: This dog dresses better than all of your exes.
3. The checkerboard details and Union Jack accessories are perfectly matched with this sweater (which should definitely come in human sizes).
4. The black and white stripes are slimming — and also totally fierce.
5. No one — human or canine — has ever accessorized as well as Chloe.