One Of The Rock’s French Bulldog Puppies Dies After Eating Toxic Mushroom

Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock took to social media to share the heartbreaking news that he had to put one of his Frenchie puppies down.

Written by
Brutus had to be put to sleep after eating a toxic mushroom. Via Dwayne The Rock Johnson/Facebook
Brutus had to be put to sleep after eating a toxic mushroom. Via Dwayne The Rock Johnson/Facebook

Less than a month after Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson adopted two French Bulldog puppies, he has already had to face unspeakable heartbreak.

On Monday night, Johnson had to put one pup, Brutus, to sleep after the dog ate a poisonous mushroom while playing outside, he told fans.

“At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and [girlfriend] Lauren Hashian had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace,” Johnson wrote in a post that was shared on both Facebook and Instagram.

He signed off with the hashtag #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime, which references Brutus’ first day in the Johnson family, when he and his brother, Hobbs, both jumped into the backyard pool. Johnson had to dive in, fully clothed, to save the pup.

Johnson and Brutus, who he described as being "tougher than a $2 steak." Via Dwayne The Rock Johnson/Facebook

Johnson described Brutus as being “tougher than a $2 steak.” Via Dwayne The Rock Johnson/Facebook

Johnson has encouraged other pet owners to be mindful of what their dogs — especially puppies — might try to eat when they’re playing outside.

“What looks innocent can be deadly to your lil’ family members,” he wrote.

Hopefully that advice will be taken to heart by some of Johnson’s fans and social media followers. It’s just devastating that he had to write it at all.

Find out what other items are poisonous to dogs here.

Article Categories:
Trending

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *