Who run the world? Cats.
Well, at least they think they do. And you know what? Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if they did.
That’s the premise behind a hashtag trending on Twitter. Twitter users are posting all of the glorious scenarios that would occur if cats did actually run the world along with the hashtag #IfCatsWereInCharge.
Just imagine it — more naps! Mandatory playtime! All of our stuff would be knocked off the counter all the time and there is nothing we would be able to do about it. OK, maybe it wouldn’t be all that great.
Here are some of the funniest #IfCatsWereInCharge scenarios to date.
1. The tables would turn.
#IfCatsWereInCharge they'd make us meow for treats.
— Queenie (@SinCityChiGirl) July 23, 2016
2. Everything would belong to the cats.
— Guapo 20Sxtn (@GuapoFlames) July 23, 2016
3. The government would put all of its resources into getting to the bottom of a new, more pressing issue.
— Lee Phillips (@LeePhillips717) July 23, 2016
4. Catnip would hit the streets. Hard.
— I should never have (@BrendonWScott) July 23, 2016
5. Our TV viewing options would be very limited.
— ❤RELAX&ENJOYLIFE!❤=) (@FaithPeaceLove2) July 23, 2016
6. Dogs would definitely get a bum deal.
— felicia ruiz (@katwomanfifi) July 23, 2016
7. And there would be no such thing as privacy.
#IfCatsWereInCharge no door, by law, would be permitted to be closed
— ⚡Mr. Brightside (@Will3K85) July 23, 2016
8. But there would be LOTS of back rubs.
— Erin Vierra (@hippycinephile) July 23, 2016
9. And boxes for all!
— Nicole (@nicolewhine) July 23, 2016
10. It would be a more peaceful world.
— Siân Is Me (@Lynsm7) July 23, 2016
11. And more loving.
— Kara Jorud (@KJorud) July 23, 2016
12. As long as you played by the cats’ rules.
— Rob Mundt (@rmundt) July 23, 2016